- Dancer ... and now! :) ... Choreographer
- First VM Appearance: Hollywood Dreams in spring 2011
- Inspiration: She particularly enjoys ballet and contemporary dance, and is in the process of developing her first choreographed piece in the summer 2014 show, "Thug."
- How to train your dancer: Sophie started her dance training at the Centre of Movement at age five and joined Vivid Motion at age seventeen
- Dancer, Choreographer, Director
- VM Debut: King Author – Dance of War, Spring 2009
- I don't have a particular favorite [part], but every piece that has challenged my dance ability is a highlight for me.
- Inspiration: The music I listen to, the friends that I dance with, and my niece who aspires to do what her uncle does.
- How to train a Potter: My dance training has come from Vivid Motion (starting spring 2009) and Portland Ballet (starting summer 2010). I have also taken private ballet lessons from a professional dancer since summer 2012.
- Choreographer, Dancer
- First Graced the VM Stage: Night Before Burlesque – 2007
- Favorite Role: Snow Queen
- Inspiration: Interesting choreography, songs I can "see" movement to, my mentors
- Training a Daphne: Formal Balanchine ballet training received from Elizabeth (Drucker) Treadwell of New York City Ballet/ Maine State Ballet/ Portland Ballet at The Ballet School in Tospham, Maine.
- Dancer, Choreographer, Director and Video Extraordinaire
- First VM Appearance: 2008
- Inspiration: Gerry Shannon
- How to train the untrainable: Having a blast and working hard in VM shows.
- Choreographer, Dancer, Teacher, Director, Producer, Graphic Designer, Costume Designer, Backstage, Board Member, Volunteer, Co Founder
- First Graced the VM Stage: Nutcracker Burlesque 2003, the roots
- Favorite Role: Morgan LeFay in Dance of War
- Inspiration: Movement I see everywhere.
- How to become this awesome: "In Bangor, ME at Thomas School of Dance - Teachers: Stacey Stahl, Andrea Wilkes, Jeanne-Marie Aubert Robinson, Terry Lacey, Gene Syphers, Rita Wadsworth, Joseph Kelley
River City Dance Center - Teachers: Keith Robinson, Maureen Robinson, Kelly Holyoke, Ivy Clear-Forrest, Ralph Robinson
University or Maine, Orono - Teachers: Theresa Torkanowsky, Rhea Slichter, Kim Arrow, Ann Ross
Joffrey Ballet - company classes, New York Perry Dance II - tap, ballet, jazz, New York
Other Teachers - Laren Lynn, Albertine Maxwell, Jeanne Handy, Josie Conte"
Portland's Innovative & Kinda Quirky Dance Company
Founded in 2003. For people who always wanted to dance but never got to, and dancers who used to dance and miss it. Join us in a show or come to our pay-what-you-can dance classes. Don't dance? Support our dancers; watch our shows at St. Lawrence Arts and around town.
Pay-what-you-can mixed level dance class
Mondays January 5th - March 30
Beginner Ballet 6:45-7:45
Int/Adv Ballet 7:45-8:45
Questions? Email Us
A 501-c(3) non-profit dance company in Portland, Maine.