Tickets on Sale Now for VivMo Shorts!
Get tickets here.
Vivid Motion is putting on shorts this summer! VivMo Shorts, July 27-30 at St. Lawrence Arts, is a series of short stories told through dance. 9 directing choreographers were chosen to put their stories on stage. Through diverse dance styles, with dancers of all ages, abilities, shapes and sizes, Vivid Motion brings an innovative show to Portland. Fun, heartwarming and at times heart wrenching, the stories will entertain, provoke thought, and (we hope) bring us together.
Stories you'll see:
Etta James Suite, by our former artistic director and accomplished choreographer, MJ Emerson. A weekend in the life of those imagined classic American teens of the 1960's, Etta James Suite is a series of portraits of emotions, hopes and dreams, as relevant today as they were in yesteryear.
Head in the Clouds by Rachel Stein, assisted by Emma Tompkins. After a perfect date night, a girl's dreams are interrupted by the call of her day job. With her head in the clouds, she taps through her day.
Trains by Lincoln Middle School student, Caelistis Paulus. Everything can be perfect and happy one day, but one small event can change someone's life in a moment. Witness the changes that happen to five children and teen aged kids when they go through a disastrous moment.
Remember Me, by Chris Gray, reminds us that evil can take many forms. This time it's under the guise of a sorcerer able to turn people into mannequin people to use as puppets.
Say...Something by veteran Vivid Motion choreographer, Venus Murphy. Actions speak louder than words, but when two people lock away their feelings actions can take on many different meanings. The two will forever repeat the same steps, longing for the other to understand, tripping over the thoughts in their heads, wishing for clarity until one of them finally says...something.
Heads and Hearts by Shea Murphy. A story of two people and how their lives are influenced and controlled through the partnership of their logical and sometimes cold common sense, and their caring but sometimes fiery emotional impulses.
One Per Day by Andrea Dudley. Maine's death toll from opioids reached 376 in 2016. More than one victim per day. More than car accidents, suicide, or breast cancer. One per Day follows different aspects of one woman, portrayed by 3 dancers, as she struggles to overcome the temptation, isolation, and pain of her addiction.
The Giving Tree by emerging choreographer, Tori Broshes. Based off the book by Shel Silverstein, this short closely follows it with dance and acting. In today's world everyone expects something in return for their actions, even for something as simple as love.
Delta Rae by company founder, Brigitte Paulus. The music of Delta Rae sets the stage for a series of dances showing generations of extended family.
Sponsored by Yelp, Fournier's Karate, St. Lawrence Arts and Professional Loss Adjusters
Performances Friday - Sunday at the St. Lawrence Arts in Portland.
July 27 at 7:30 pm
July 28 at 7:30 pm
July 29 at 7:30 pm
July 30 at 5:30 pm
Tickets are available now!
$14 for adults, $7 for kids under 13.
VivMo Shorts Nutcracker Burlesque Ticket Giveaway 2017 Contest Rules
- No purchase necessary
Contest is open to US residents ages 18+
- Dancers/crew of current production (VivMo Shorts, 2017) are not eligible to win prizes.
- Contest begins July 27th, 2017 at 12:00AM EST, and ends July 31st, 2017 at
- All pictures must be posted and tagged by July 31st, 2017 at 11:59PM EST
- Contest is sponsored, and promoted, by Vivid Motion Inc., PO Box 1417 Westbrook, ME 04098. This contest is in no way sponsored/promoted by Facebook, or Instagram.
- Two (2) tickets to Vivid Motion's Nutcracker Burlesque (December 15th - December 23rd, 2017) (max value $36)
- Winner will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries received. Winner will be chosen on, or around, August 1st, 2017, and announced on, or around, August 1st, 2017, on Vivid Motion Inc.'s Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/VividMotionInc/), and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vivid.motion/), accounts.
- Winner must respond by August 8th, 2017 for prize to be awarded. Instructions on claiming tickets will be given once winner is confirmed.
- By participating, winner agrees to the use of their image by Vivid Motion, Inc, for promotional purposes.
- Winner will be posted on Vivid Motion Inc.'s Facebook, and Instagram accounts.